Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Getting physically ill on your period? Anyone else :(

Old 04-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Tirby is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Getting physically ill on your period? Anyone else :(

Ok so I am on my period right now and let me tell you I feel soooooo awful! My pain tolerance does not suck its actually fairly good id say but this is just ugggg…
I’ll give yall an idea of what happens on my period, then please ladies I need some advice on what to do!!! Ps this is not whining I just need to tell you girls what’s going on so I can get advice.
I get SICK I mean I literally gag sometimes out of nausea or just throw up especially the first morning of my period, and continue to feel nauseous my entire period
I actually gain weight from bloat on my period is this normal? I gain like 6 pounds???? but look like ive gained 10 I gain it in my thighs my luv handles and of course my stomach and everywhere but my boobs…So my self esteem hits the ground when I’m on it making my emotional state kind of suck.. I start gradually getting bloated like 5 days before my period and gradually get more bloated then stay bloated like 6 days after my period.
I get HOT COLD HOT COLD

The Car trip there
In the car ride on the trip on the way to to TN. My ac was broken wow that was a crap 5 hour trip and I was due to start my period in a week it was about 75 degrees and I was FREAKING HOTTTTTT (I have a sweating problem and don’t sweat except on my back and armpits and sometimes my chest(but that could just be because of my massively padded bra lol.) but this is all very RARELY that I sweat at all even when working out doing cardio) Anyways I was HOTTTT like the back of my dress was soaked and I was literally tearing up I was so freaking hot I felt like I was about to faint or have a heat stroke.
On the trip back.
On the car ride back my fiancé was dressed with shorts and a T me next to him in the car on this sunny day about 70 degrees with the window cracked. I was however wearing his hoodie, my hoodie, pants, and my pillow I brought with me layered on top of me I was FREEZING! This was about 3 days before my period I couldn’t get warm and had chills the entire day.

Idk what it is about my temp fluctuating but it is like this every period since I can remember. Sometimes on hot summer days I pull out my heater because I’m cold then pull out my fan because I’m hot, vair vair annoying lol.
I hurt!! Now this along with the length of my period had gotten better with age but my cramps hurt pretty bad and make me wanna puke.
I do not get angry but when I am feeling physically sick I can get just a bit crazy but most of the time I cry when I’m upset and do this overly much when I am on my period.

I have been googling like crazy, and been to my gyno been checked for problems gotten on birth control to try to fix these issues but they didn’t help and every pill Ive gotten on makes me throw up like crazy when on it for the first month or so. So I’ve been off them for over a year. Idk what to do I am fine and all these problems go away when I am off my period...Sorry if this thread seems a bit weird worded I am seriously just having a bad period right now and idk what to do I'm to say the least a bit distraught! ...I always feel terrible for the people around me when I am on my period I'm not mean really but just feel bad especially for my bf lol I'll be crying one minuite then be (TMI) horny the next Please help ladies with advise to either a get through my period sane and or ways to stop the symptoms... Thanks again

Tirby's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Wow you poor thing! It's not nice being in so much pain. Have you always suffered with your periods? I can understand swollen boobs and bloated stomach but it seems weird that you notice it in your love handles & thighs. Have you tried pain medicicine specifically for period pain? I use that which helps me with cramps you have to eat when you take it though.

The hot & cold fever I'm not sure about. Is it possible that you have toxic shock syndrome? Please keep an eye on it. If you get worse see a doctor it's rare but it can happen.

I hope that you feel better soon. Curl up with a hot water bottle it should help
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake85 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Does time really heal all things?

Tatarxox will become famous soon enough
Everything but the nausea I can empathize with. I think I am peri-menapausal. For me, I will have to add on horrid mood swings. Hate everyone, everything for the first day for certain~have to stay clear of everyone or I will most certainly attack.
Like you, I gain about 5 pds of water weight, and have the cold/hot thing going on, except I tend to sway towards chilled all day---even when it's 78.

A couple weeks ago, I googled and found something of a timeline that outlines a woman's hormones for a month, which explains why "we" are the way we are during our menses. It really put things into perspective, however, didn't change the symptoms of course. It's all about the hormones. I tried to see what your age is to see if you fit into peri menapause, but didn't see it.

Oh how I count the days that I can say I have entered menapause. Until then, it's gonna be a rough ride.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tatarxox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 AM

BarbieRocker will become famous soon enough BarbieRocker will become famous soon enough
yes, I get it really bad every few months some months are a breeze, and about every 3rd or 4th is bad, I missed work today and yesterday

when I was in my teens, it was really bad, I felt like I was giving birth.
I have the worst cramps, but then I was on the pill forever it made me fat so I went off it.

its hormones ugh! and your way too young for a hysterectomy - do they still even do that today?
The Following User Says Thank You to BarbieRocker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM

bbprep22 is on a distinguished road
You poor thing! I get it bad some months too but now quite that bad! Idk what to tell you since you have already Gina to your gyno about it, have u switched birth controls? One of the girls I work with gets like you do too, she misses work every month on the first day of her cycle and she is really sick!! I feel so bad for people like you that have to go through that!! I hope that you get some answers soon! Maybe go to another dr about all this?

bbprep22's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to bbprep22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 12:32 PM

frances92307 is on a distinguished road
I used to be like that before I had kids....so was my mother....seemed to run in my family. It totally quit after I had children. Just take the first day of your period off if you can and rest...and if you know your going to get your period, take a Motrin before the cramps really hit....for me the severe cramps brought on the nausea! Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to frances92307 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 12:43 PM

HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough
I used to have the same thing! It was miserable. I was in grade 9 at the time too, so it was really hard to have horrible wrenching cramps and then have to go to gym class! I also had a really heavy flow and it was so bad and painful that most of the time, I would just stay home sick cause I felt too crappy to leave the house. I used to get nauseous and everything in between. It just runs in my family though, my mom and all her sisters had really messed up periods, my grandma, pretty much all the girls. Were you always like this, or was it just since you started birth control? Sometimes your birth control can really mess with you and affect you differently than other girls on the same pill. I ended up just going on depo provera (the shot) and I haven't gotten my period at all for the last 5 years. Probably not very healthy, but a welcome trade for me!!
The Following User Says Thank You to HockeyBabe17 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 03:00 PM

Tirby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HockeyBabe17 View Post
I used to have the same thing! It was miserable. I was in grade 9 at the time too, so it was really hard to have horrible wrenching cramps and then have to go to gym class! I also had a really heavy flow and it was so bad and painful that most of the time, I would just stay home sick cause I felt too crappy to leave the house. I used to get nauseous and everything in between. It just runs in my family though, my mom and all her sisters had really messed up periods, my grandma, pretty much all the girls. Were you always like this, or was it just since you started birth control? Sometimes your birth control can really mess with you and affect you differently than other girls on the same pill. I ended up just going on depo provera (the shot) and I haven't gotten my period at all for the last 5 years. Probably not very healthy, but a welcome trade for me!!
Ugg my periods just started getting heavier and longer still only like 5 days but still! It was not always this bad, it got worse and worse the deeper into my teen years I got. I got on Birth control to try to correct it. I was thinking about getting on the shot but I FREAKING HATE HATE needles!!!! ugggggggggg So I cant see driving to the dr to get a shot lol Plus I heard there was alot of light spotting on that and despite how much black I wear I do for some reason have alot of white colored undies lol. O I also heard there was weight gain so after loosing 20 pounds I dont want to gain it back lol.

Tirby's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-14-2010, 04:27 PM

HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tirby View Post
Ugg my periods just started getting heavier and longer still only like 5 days but still! It was not always this bad, it got worse and worse the deeper into my teen years I got. I got on Birth control to try to correct it. I was thinking about getting on the shot but I FREAKING HATE HATE needles!!!! ugggggggggg So I cant see driving to the dr to get a shot lol Plus I heard there was alot of light spotting on that and despite how much black I wear I do for some reason have alot of white colored undies lol. O I also heard there was weight gain so after loosing 20 pounds I dont want to gain it back lol.
True! I've heard alot of people have had issues with the shot, I'm one of the really lucky ones I guess.. I never gained a pound or had spotting, but every BC effects every girl differently. Is your doctor gonna help you find a new birth control? Maybe you just haven't found the right one yet! Either way I hope you find something that works, trust me I remember how horrible it is to feel like that. In the mean time, I think you should curl up on the couch with a hot water bottle and watch a movie, maybe take a Midol or whatever they're called, it might take the edge off a little.

Ah periods are so crappy, men have it SO easy!!