Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Varicose Veins :(

Old 05-08-2010, 01:51 PM

LMarie is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Varicose Veins :(

I'm devastated. I'm getting those ugly purplish varicose veins on the back of my left thigh. There are showing up only on the one leg which I find to be odd and they are right on the back thigh area. I have no idea why they are just showing up on the one leg. I've never had this problem before! I'm 28 years old, been eating fairly healthy, and try to exercise about 3x a week at the gym. I read online that genetics can have alot to do with it and that's what I'm guessing my problem is. My mom has alot of varicose veins on her legs and maybe since I'm getting older this is hitting me now. Ugggghhhh, I'm so sad with this whole aging process because now I have to do things to prevent things, things that I never had to worry about before. I did research online and found that vitamin k cream helped some people with varicose veins and fading them. I bought this cream online because it got alot of great reviews and wasn't expensive : http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW720...LAID=129500228

It says that it takes 6-8 weeks to see results and you should apply it 2x a day. I've been applying it once a day because I just find it difficult with my schedule. I haven't noticed any big changes yet but I guess I'm still early on. Do any of you ladies have varicose veins?? Had them ever?? What are you doing about them/how did you treat them or treating them??

PLEASE HELP....I want HOT legs for summer!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:13 PM

runrin is on a distinguished road
I do on the back of my left knee. I am 29, but I got mine when I was 19 due to pregnancy and it has been there ever since. i would suggest support stockings when you are wearing pants and are going to be on your feet. just wondering, how does that cream say it helps? Varicose veins are a vascular issue, usually they can only be resolved with surgery or injections into the vein itself. Also mine tend to flare up when I am on my period. Best of luck to you. I hate mine also!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 AM

GingerIsALady is on a distinguished road
I am 34 and have a lot of vericose veins on my right leg only...I have a couple on my left leg but nothing like my right leg that is full of them. I got them when I was pregnant with my 3rd child and they never went away :-( I find it so odd they are only on one leg also...every month when I get my period they are so very painfull for the first couple of days.

Both my mother and father have them bad...I don't know what to do for them other than I have been told to wear support stockings and I was going to get a laser surgery on them last year until the office I went to told me they don't participate in my ins. I never went to find another office but may do so in the future.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 AM

scmomof3 is on a distinguished road
I also have them in just one of my legs. It starts at the back of my right leg and goes all the way up my thigh and it looks so bad to me! My PS said that he could send me to a vacular surgeon to see if he could help me with them and that my insurance may pay to have them fixed! We do not have a vaxcular surgeon in the town that I live in and so he would be sending me out of town, but with my crazy school schedule I am going to wait a few more months before I go. I may even try to wait until we are done with the summer semester and go in between semesters! Let me know how the cream works!! GL
Old 01-22-2011, 01:25 PM
"Sag"ittarian

Jelly is on a distinguished road
Hey!

I have a few dark purple spider veins on my thigh..they look like bruises..so nasty!

I heard about the injections..they just give you a tiny needle right into the vein, not sure if it's just saline fluid to flush it, or if it's medicinal.

My Mom had a lot of hers injected & said it was no big deal, just talk to your doctor!

To avoid getting more, you have to make sure you're getting enough circulation! Don't sit for too long, dont stand for too long, drink lots of water GOod luck!!

Dee
Old 04-03-2011, 01:42 AM

Hello is on a distinguished road
try wearing compression socks and/or using arnica...i've also heard that hydrogen peroxide works

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/spider_veins.html
Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 AM

Tzarevna is on a distinguished road
I also got them from pregnancy. I noticed that once I started my new job and went from standing all day to sitting/standing as I pleased they began to fade. I also found they were less noticeable when I started using the solarium HTH