Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Chemical Peel

Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 AM

sweetcheeks444 is on a distinguished road
Chemical Peel

Ok so while I was pregnant with my daughter my face broke out alot and now I have marks from it. I went to a dermatologists and she said that it was called hyerpigmentation and that a couple chemical peels would help dramatically. The first chemical peel she gave me but at $125 a piece I cant keep that up. Does anyone know of any good at home chemical peels?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 AM

laineycakes has a spectacular aura laineycakes has a spectacular aura
I had the same issue after my daughter was born. I purchased a chemical peel kit (brush, acid and neutralizer) from Ebay. Be careful to start with a lighter acid strength and follow the directions exactly. This is not something that if you leave it on longer it works better.
The Following User Says Thank You to laineycakes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 AM

honda is on a distinguished road
At home peels can be dangerous. I'm not sure what kind your derm gave you: glycolic, tca...I have AHA 12% and it has done really well for my acne scars. You can find it at drugstore.com. It's only 15 bucks and lasts me a while so it's a great deal. Keeps my skin nice, smooth and supple!
The Following User Says Thank You to honda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2011, 04:31 AM

Zippy092 is on a distinguished road
They go around that price.. but to notice results you need to keep up with them every 6-8 weeks. AND AVIOD THE SUN LIKE THE PLAGUE! I got more spots when I went out into the sun the next day for 5 mins.. You also have to wear sunscreen 24/7!

There are at home chemical peels that you buy online and will help, but they wont be as strong and you need to know what are doing.. Never get it close to the eyes, and I would suggest to start off with 11%.

On the other hand I would recommend microdermabrasion helps with scarring, fine lines, pigmentation problems and uneven skin tones

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 PM

Abbatron is on a distinguished road
I also did a low grade one that I bought off of ebay. I think it helped the same as the ones from the derm... Mine was for acne as well
Old 06-19-2011, 10:08 AM

D0ubleCupL0ve<3 is on a distinguished road
You also might want to try one of the microdermabrasion things. you can get them for about 30 or 40 bucks.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme...Yum!

Peaches37 is on a distinguished road
Be wary of microdermabrasion as it actually made mine worse and I had it done by a very reputable place.