Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Surprise

Anyone try the "Lemonade Diet"?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Evie is on a distinguished road
Anyone try the "Lemonade Diet"?

Hi, ladies! I'm thinking of trying the Lemonade Diet (http://themastercleanse.org/the-lemonade-diet/) to kick start myself into eating healthier. If I have no choices on what to eat, then once I do have choices again, I can make better ones! I'm not looking to lose weight with this, but start a healthier lifestyle. I've got a workout journal that is going to help me out with everything. I'll be starting on Monday. 8 weeks until my wedding, so I want to go on the cleanse twice in that time: 8-6 weeks and 4-2 weeks before.

Let me know what you think, and thanks in advance!!
Old 06-12-2010, 02:27 PM

mugen is on a distinguished road
O.k, I too have done this and it is NOT a diet it is a cleanse, You will put back on most of the weight you lose. It is ment to clear out all the toxins, and give your digestive system a rest. I use a naturopathic Dr. who recommands her HEALTHY patients cleanse a few times a year. For me, she felt my diet was clean enough where I did not need it again. I am a VERY strick vegetarian. Please do not use this as a means to lose weight, you will just be hungry and disapointed.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:39 PM
♥ All paid for All mine ♥

Black Panther will become famous soon enough
I did it a few times and would loose around 5 pounds each time but I would always gain the weight back. I have found that eating clean works way better and I keep the weight off.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-14-2010, 08:45 PM

MarieB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
I did it a few times and would loose around 5 pounds each time but I would always gain the weight back. I have found that eating clean works way better and I keep the weight off.
Same with me. I would end up the same, give or take a bit either way.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:29 PM

blackviolet has a spectacular aura blackviolet has a spectacular aura blackviolet has a spectacular aura
I did it for like 5 days and lost maybe 5lbs of water weight. My husband did it for two days, and lost like 7lbs and it stayed off! Bastard, haha. I have a friend that does it for a week or so once a year, and drops 10-15lbs. I'm thinking they have more crap to flush stuck in their intestines/colon (no pun intended).

I didn't like the lemonade diet.

I do like 2 day juice fasts like once a year. I always feel better at the end of them, and it cuts down my cravings for junk. It feels like a great way to jump into starting eating better to me. I agree with runninginheels that just eating cleanly in general does way way more for you. A quick fast (har har) just seems to help me jump into the clean eating if I've been terrible for quite a while.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:39 PM

oooawie is on a distinguished road
I have considered the master cleanse more then once but i hear a lot of people say they barely have any energy and the whole laxative thing turns me off. My aunt does it for a week every few months and looks great but I'm very worried how my body would react to such a change
Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 PM

Surprise is on a distinguished road
I feel a little left out here after reading all other replys...but I luuuuurve the master cleanse/ lemon detox diet.

I lost about 8 kg's the first time and kept it off and have done it once every 6 months since then.
I don't loose too much now cause I have nothing to loose since I'm pretty fit but I always notice a shift in my energy, skin tone, hair, even the whites of my eyes...all round i feel a heap better for doing it!

First go was hard the first 3 days but once u learn to read what your body is telling you, you know how far you can push yourself without feeling sick.
I am a very fainty person so through the detox especially the first couple of days I'm always sucking on a glucose ball, sugar drop or somthing like that.
I think they key to keeping the weight off also Is really wAtching what you eat , when u eat and portion size.
I find that I don't even want to eat crap foods or even meat after I've finished the diet cause I know it's going to undo all the hard work I've done.
I stick to salads, soups, fruits and fish and then on the odd occasion when we have a dinner party or somthing I will splurdge and eat what's on offer.

I know it doesn't sound like fun but just remember you always here negatives before positives, the only way your going to know is to trust yourself, be strong and do somthing good for your insides and you'll see the difference on the outside!

Good luck

HeyL likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surprise For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I must, I must, I must increase my bust

brastuffer is on a distinguished road
I've done the master cleanse twice, and I was happy with the results. I lost 5 lbs and weaned myself off of caffeine and junk food for a long time. Yes, I did eventually get back into it, but overall I was more conscious of what I ate, and feel that I am healthier in general (before that I ate whatever I wanted).

The best thing that resulted from this, wasnt the weight loss, it was just knowing that I had the willpower to do the cleanse. It was challenging but I did it for 7 days! It was kind of uplifting and did a lot for me, mentally, than physically, if that makes sense.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:36 AM

piratedoll is on a distinguished road
I've done this cleanse and it's challenging. Back when my ED was in full-throttle I did the cleanse and it was a bad idea for losing weight. However, it does clean you out. You will notice that you will get urges to stop, be careful this is touching ED territory if you get too hooked on losing weight this way because it usually comes back. I suggest just counting calories and not overeating
Old 07-02-2011, 10:52 AM

cesca86 is on a distinguished road
I tried it but couldn't even make it through one day. The taste of it was so disgusting, I'd feel my stomach turn just sniffing it and I still get nauseated to this day when I remember.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 PM

Cupcakes3 is on a distinguished road
In general, I think the whole "cleanse" concept is a little silly. The human body is not a static object - it is VERY capable of cleansing itself. Obviously, you have to stop putting the junk in, but that doesn't mean not putting the good stuff in either. I read a book that said, as an explanation for why a cleanse is necessary, "you wouldn't put new oil into a car without first cleaning it out." It seemed like good logic until I realized that a car, unlike a human body, is not capable of cleaning itself. We can. I just really think "cleanses" are really fad-ish. I will say that sometimes I guess I do a "cleanse" where I just eat only really healthy food if I've been eating/drinking a bunch of crap. So, I think there is some truth to it, but I don't think the more "extreme" ones are a good idea - unnecessary at best, dangerous at worst.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 PM

samantham is on a distinguished road
I tried it a few years ago. I couldn't hang - mainly because the cayanne pepper really burns my mouth and I just coudn't drink the lemonade at all.

I have recently been doing the 17 Day Diet and that has been great. I lost 7 lbs the first 10 days.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 AM
look im hoping for...600/650 sizers

Jerzeygirl10 is on a distinguished road
I tried it and did it for 2 weeks....I lost 12 lbs.....obviously u gain it back but i did it for the cleansing purpose and felt good after

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM
look im hoping for...600/650 sizers

Jerzeygirl10 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by samantham View Post
I tried it a few years ago. I couldn't hang - mainly because the cayanne pepper really burns my mouth and I just coudn't drink the lemonade at all.

I have recently been doing the 17 Day Diet and that has been great. I lost 7 lbs the first 10 days.
I finished all my cycles on the 17 day and I'm maintaining now, its the best diet I've ever done :-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2011, 08:11 PM
My PS made mountains out of molehills!

perked_up_mom is on a distinguished road
Omg! I tried it, and at the second day I was sooooo tired. I felt like crap! I won't try it again instead I will keep working out, and try to eat right.