Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Meal Replacement Shakes

Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I <3 Dr. Pelletiere!

cer0409 will become famous soon enough
Meal Replacement Shakes

I am looking for a good meal replacement shake that is higher in protein and low in sugar/carbs. Also, lower calorie......under 200 preferred. I have been using slimfast but even the high protein one doesn't have that much protein.

I work 12 hour shifts and I am just too lazy to pack 2 meals a day so I am looking for a shake I can use instead.

I have used Labrada Lean Body For Her and I like it, but am looking for other options.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lbfh.html

cer0409's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-12-2010, 03:32 PM
jae

jae is on a distinguished road
the slimfast lowcarb (diffrent from their hi protein) have 20 grams of protein and the choclate is 190 cal and the vanilla is 180 calories.
The Following User Says Thank You to jae For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 PM
I <3 Dr. Pelletiere!

Originally Posted by jae View Post
the slimfast lowcarb (diffrent from their hi protein) have 20 grams of protein and the choclate is 190 cal and the vanilla is 180 calories.
Does it taste good? Are there a lot of sugar alcohols in it?

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-12-2010, 06:35 PM

court296 is on a distinguished road
My DH buys the Body Fortress chocolate powder at Target or Walmart and then puts a scoop or two in a shaker and packs that and just adds water or milk at work....but I was reading in Consumer News that a lot of the protein drinks/powders have high levels of lead and cadmium. Yikes!
The Following User Says Thank You to court296 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2010, 06:51 PM
I <3 Dr. Pelletiere!

I found this one too. I have protein powder already but a lot od them say they are not meant to be a meal replacement. Not sure why.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bw/tightcurves.html

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-13-2010, 09:52 AM
jae

jae is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cer0409 View Post
Does it taste good? Are there a lot of sugar alcohols in it?

I think they taste good, which i was suprised bc i dont usually like protein shakes and regular slimfast is too sweet to me, the hi protein have a weird taste, but the low carb are decent. There is 6grams carb in the choclate, 4g fiber, 1 g sugar, 0 gram sugar alcohol. same for the vanilla except it has 4 grams carbs.
The Following User Says Thank You to jae For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2010, 08:41 PM

Ever84 is on a distinguished road
The slim fast has the wrong kind of protein..It's mostly soy which raises your estrogen levels and can cause early menopause no matter what age you are. Slimfast is just full of sugars and carbs and is not nutritious for you.

Try EAS Myoplex Carb Control shakes....150 cal, 25grams Casein and whey protein (fills you up longer), 5 carbs, and 3.5 gram fat (But the slim fast carb control has 9 grams)

http://eas.com/product/myoplex-carb-...ready-to-drink

Muscle milk chocolate meal replacement is just as good too..and tasty..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ever84 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2010, 06:56 AM

stay gold is on a distinguished road
HEY! I drink a meal replacement EVERY DAY for lunch!! It's really good and my husband used to body build so he has researched the crap out of this company and shake. The vitamins are rich and it's super high in protein. And it will definitely fill you up.

http://www.ast-ss.com/cart/index.php...roducts_id=202

If you get this, only use 1 scoop, not 2. Girls don't need that much protein or double the calories.

Also, this is what i'm looking into getting as of yesterday. Since I'm getting tired of the AST Muscle powder (since i've been drinking it for nearly 3 years), i'm looking at the Shakeology shakes. www.shakeology.com
It has lower calories, probiotics, a good amount of protein, etc. It's worth looking into. I think this is what my husband and i are going to start getting. Or at least give it a try.

hope that helped!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:28 PM

pnayflava is on a distinguished road
Ladies I am currently drinking shakeology right now. 140 calories with water but if you add with banana it's much filling and taste really good. I also posted in here the first 5 people sign up free membership in Beachbody I will send you shakeology samples. Www.fitnessrhea.com if you just want to read further about the product visit www.myshakeology.com/tkbqueen