Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Hair extensions

Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 PM

pinklove is on a distinguished road
Hair extensions

I got my hair cut yeserday and ugh I hate it...its way to short for me. Im used to long hair and just dont like it and its making me mad. Everytime I look at it I get aggrevated. Its not super short but just below my shoulders. I am thinking of doing extensions for a few months till it grows back out. I wanted to try foxy locks but they are back ordered. Has anyone tried the ones from sally beauty supply?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:22 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Are you talking about clip ins?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:43 PM

taylor27 is on a distinguished road
I just bought the clip ins from Sally and I love them! You can't tell it's fake at all. THey stay in pretty well too. Only problem for me was I bought the 18" ones but apparently that's how long my hair is- so they only add volume, no length.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:07 AM

Sea┼Sky is on a distinguished road
From what I've HEARD..Foxy Locks are thicker, the ones from Sally are thinner. Go on Youtube and do a search. I'm subscribed to the girl that created the Foxy locks, but I haven't used them. You will be able to find tons of reviews thoughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEuvkaHDORY
Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 AM

Sea┼Sky is on a distinguished road
Dollie Hair Extensions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99l6aOQm2NY

Hello Gorgeous Extensions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4l4TDG6LI8
Old 06-13-2010, 10:47 AM

Yes I am talking about the clip in kind. I wanted foxy locks but they are backordered. Thanks Sea for all the videos I am going to check them out! I wondered if the kind from sallys would contain enough hair to make it look natural??? I was gonna get the 14 inch cause my hair wasnt super long before you can kinda see the length it used to be in some of my pictures.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 PM

I decided to go with Dollie hair extensions...they are so pretty! They are only 135 and I used a coupon code from purse buzz for 5 off. The shipping is free and they will be here in two weeks. Im so excited...and Im never letting anyone cut my hair short again.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 PM

YorkieMom24 is on a distinguished road
I bought "Satin Strands" there before, 18'' human hair. It was annoying b/c it was just one giant weft of hair and you had cut and sew the clip ins your self. They looked really good, but 1 package wasn't enough, I needed 2. All the clips gave me a head ache!

I also got bored and tried the Paris Hilton clip in, its synthetic but I wanted to try it for $40. It was really shiny but not bad for the price. I put layers in it to make it more believable/blendable. I do like the fact that its just 1 piece.

HTH.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:40 AM

bgirlie is on a distinguished road
I use the jessica simpson one piece clip ins, they're great! Takes about 30 seconds to put in, I have the straight ones and the curly ones, the curly can get pretty tangled but the straight are perfect.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:46 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Have fun!! Heres a tutorial on how to put them in if you havent. I love mine and bought the ones she mentions in the videos, however mine were 400.00 bucks. I did have a coupon code which brought them down to 300 I think?
Anyways. Here it is and let us know how you like them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRXMTjCgG1k
Old 02-14-2011, 04:22 AM

Zippy092 is on a distinguished road
No..... Dont try! I had fusion hair extensions, those costed a good amount over 300, and lasted me 2 - 3 weeks! My hair was just above my shoulder and I got 18inches.. some of the strands fell out making me have 2 bald spots!

I decided to get clip-in hair extensions, as I wear them to work... After giving my hair a break for 3 months, I started to wear clip ins, and notice my hair is more brittle and feels thinner.. So I will have to stop wearing those to work.. so I dont recommend clip ins.

All extensions will put stress on your hair. I didnt thnk clip ins did much, but they did.. it puts weight on the hair which makes the hair strands tighter into breakage and brittleness... So I would aviod them. Start taking biotin and start using a growth shampoo (ex. Nioxin) to promote hair growth.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM

diamond_girl is on a distinguished road
I have 2 sets of clip in extensions. I did have extentions glued in once, but had to rip them out in like 2 days, hated them! took forever to dry and take care of .
I bought 2 sets of clip ins, 2 different colors, since i color my hair dark, ihave 1 set that very dark and a slightly lighter set, for when the color starts washing out. Also what i did, is i use extra strands that come in the package loose and i sewn the onto the ones that already have clips, made the strand much thicker, so now i dont need to have 10 clips in my hair, i just use 4-5 clips, looks natural, not too heavy and quite enough volume
Old 04-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I base most my fashion taste on what doesn't itch

simpledimples is on a distinguished road
I just received my foxy locks this week, mine weren't backordered on 4-4 but then again I ordered the deluxe 20" so they may not be in high demand.

They are by far the best extensions I've ever tried much better than euronext or sally's. They are so good that I had to leave some out since there was too much hair.