Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness Use this forum to discuss beauty products, hair care, diets, fitness, etc.

Hair Dye Help - lightening

Old 06-15-2010, 11:10 AM

Jvdb is on a distinguished road
Hair Dye Help - lightening

I have been recently looking into highlighting at home and took a trip to my local Sally's for some supplies. I ended up applying a full head of higlights with foils in these steps:

1. Mix Clairol's Powder Lightener Bleach "BW 2" with Pure White 30 and applied in foils according to the highlights I wanted. Left on until very light blonde.

2. Apply all over color using Color Brilliance "Very light cool blonde" mixed with Wella Color Charm Activating lotion. Left on 30 min.

3. End process using Purple shampoo & condition (can't think of the name off hand). Left on 3 min.

Being a Dark brunette with a few box dyes applied to my hair, I knew that my biggest struggle would be fighting off orange/brassy/yellow tones. I have to say that it turned out quite well but still has a very slight tint of brassiness that I would like to remove.

The problem is I am not sure the best method to do this, Should I just rewash my hair and leave on the purple shampoo longer or Do I need to reapply one of the products from step 1 or 2? (Is my "pure white 30" my "Toner"? if so do I just apply straight to my hair and let it sit for a while?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:57 PM

*AmberDD* is on a distinguished road
If there are just a few spots where your hair is brassy, you can apply the purple shampoo (I use Shimmering Lights from Sally's) and leave it on for 10-30 mins while you are just lounging around the house. But... Be careful if you have some really white strands as It could turn those a light purple if left on too long. You could apply regular condition to the white areas so that way the purple shampoo won't absorb onto those strands. hth
Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Jetison will become famous soon enough
My purple shampoo (AG brand) says not to leave on more than 1 or 2 minutes, but to repeat application for increased brightening. I have used it 6 times in a row before and literally changed the color of my hair. The purple shampoo and conditioner should do it for you, but my hairdresser mentioned something once about if your hair is orange, you should be using blue toning shampoo, and if its yellow, you should use purple? I just always use purple tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jetison For This Useful Post: