Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By LakeGirl2010
  • 1 Post By goinglarge
  • 2 Post By BooBitties
  • 1 Post By Golden mom
  • 1 Post By LakeGirl2010
  • 1 Post By HopeMM
  • 2 Post By dogsneverlie
  • 1 Post By BooBitties
  • 2 Post By HopeMM

Hot flashes help!

Old 09-27-2014, 08:18 PM

goinglarge is on a distinguished road
Hot flashes help!

Anyone know of an effective treatment for hot flashes/night sweats?

Among my other health problems, I've been having to deal with these too.

Imagine trying to work my job. I work midnights as a scenic painter in FL.
One night it was 73 degrees- that will make you sweat alone. Add to that I'm having a hot flash and I'm using a giant blow torch to flash dry the paint. Hell could not be hotter. LoL

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Life is Better at the Lake!

LakeGirl2010 is on a distinguished road
Ugh. I wish.

Night sweats:
Light bedclothes, easily removed in the night. Layered blankets, easily flipped off in the night. Towels that are soft enough to be comfortable to lay on to put under you - either before you go to sleep, or after you've woken up pouring rivulets of sweat and have soaked the sheets - and wick enough to dry you/keep you dry after you've gotten up, changed, toweled off.

Hot flashes:
Layers ... remove, replace, remove, replace. Howl in frustration. Remove, replace. Keep paper towel handy to shove down the front, up the tummy, down the back, and up the lower back. Soak, remove, replace.

I've got my DH, who I think is a google master, trying to find me a natural supplement that will combat the hot flashes and night sweats and SNAP CRAZY MOOD SWINGS LOL EFFFFF GRRRRR HAHAHAHA ... dang menopause ...

Lizy, goinglarge and HopeMM like this.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:40 PM

goinglarge is on a distinguished road
Thanks LakeGirl, at least it made me laugh.

I take it that if you are personally experiencing menopause symptoms that they are surgery induced? You are so young.

Have you heard anything about Brisdelle? An FDA approved drug for hot flashes.

So far, nothing is working for me.

Anyone know how long menopause symptoms go on for?

LakeGirl2010 likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-12-2014, 08:33 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Have you tried evening primrose oil? It may help.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23625331

Here's the motherload of remedies:

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/hot_flashes.html

Apple cider vinegar seems to be the winner with the EarthClinic crowd.

goinglarge and HopeMM like this.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:10 PM
I should have done it years ago!

Golden mom is on a distinguished road
I definitely know what you are talking about. One day I was fine and then BAM, it all hit the next day. Hot flash after hot flash. Then 4-5 night sweats that drove me crazy!! I started taking Emerita Pro-Gest that is a natural progesterone that seemed to help. Follow the directions. The next month it wasn't working as well. I have added Maca to my daily supplements and now I seem to have it under control. You'll need to experiment with doses, and I think I'm on low doses for both. I did talk to my Dr. about Brisdell that she said she would prescribe if it want. For now, I'm trying to stay natural and not add a prescription. So far so good. Good luck to you!!

goinglarge likes this.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Life is Better at the Lake!

LakeGirl2010 is on a distinguished road
I've not heard about Brisdelle.

Mine is medically induced menopause. I'm on 15 or 16 months now without menstruation due to the Visanne I'm on to control my endometriosis pain. So technically peri or pre for 12, and menopause for 3-4. (Some docs count from last, some count 12 months from last...)

I take acv every single morning. Does not help me at all with not flashes.
Since Visanne is a dienogest, I cannot take anything that will affect the hormones - progesterone estrogen, etc. I also have to be careful with my natural supplements. St Johns Wort for example is a big no-no.

My poor mother has been dealing with peri for 12 years.

I too am hoping for something natural. On too many prescriptions as it is! But, if another RX would reduce the effects without interrupting the delicate balance, it might be worth it.

goinglarge likes this.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:38 PM

Nana14 is on a distinguished road
I had been taking Brisdelle and it totally worked for several months. Stopped all medications for a few weeks because of skin irritation to narrow down what it was from and my hot flashes are back!

I am 6 days post op and nights sweats are WORSE than ever. Soaking my clothes and bedding!

Plan to start back on Brisdelle asap.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:37 AM

HopeMM is on a distinguished road
Goinglarge thank you for creating this thread and Ladies thank you all the great links and advice. I've been peri for just over two years now and the night sweats have been driving me batty. I also get cold sweats and no amount of layering is helping with that I think I'm going to try some of the natural remedies BooBitties posted about and hopefully some of them will help. It's never a walk in the park for us girls is it?

BooBitties likes this.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:13 AM

dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura
Hi! I am one of the "surgical menopause" women since age 38! Ugh. Anyway, I used a prescribed hormone supplement for three years and then stopped. For several years, SOY MILK helped me! Now that I am 51, I get hot flashes every now and then but I think it's because I am on those anti-estrogen cancer pills so I have virtually NO estrogen left in my body. I know SOY Milks sounds crazy, but that really worked for me after I decided to stop hormone replacement.

BooBitties and HopeMM like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogsneverlie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 10:12 AM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dogsneverlie View Post
Hi! I am one of the "surgical menopause" women since age 38! Ugh. Anyway, I used a prescribed hormone supplement for three years and then stopped. For several years, SOY MILK helped me! Now that I am 51, I get hot flashes every now and then but I think it's because I am on those anti-estrogen cancer pills so I have virtually NO estrogen left in my body. I know SOY Milks sounds crazy, but that really worked for me after I decided to stop hormone replacement.

Doesn't sound crazy at all

Soy contains phytoestrogens that mimic estrogen. I laugh when I hear men (more specifically my BIL) talk about making protein shakes out of soy milk and cutting out all dairy and going strictly soy. He wonders why he has moobs... I don't care too much for him, so I've kept my mouth shut. lol

Good for women, bad for men.

dogsneverlie likes this.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:14 AM

midlifecrisis is on a distinguished road
black cohosh works good, there is a supplement called 'womens menocaps' that is good too..
The Following User Says Thank You to midlifecrisis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 11:43 AM

HopeMM is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the Soy milk tip and the black cohosh. I'll add those to my list and will do some of my own "testing" of each over a few weeks. See which seems to help most.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:01 PM

Jasmine is on a distinguished road
great post

Just hit that magic moment in life myself. My husband thinks I am crazy. Roll down the windows, turn up the a/c, can you get me some ice...etc... Too bad they couldn't experience once periods or menopause. They would be so much more understanding. Ugh...Its hot in here.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE