Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By NsuYuel
  • 1 Post By cleavage89
  • 1 Post By NsuYuel
  • 1 Post By [email protected]
  • 1 Post By Bongodrums
  • 1 Post By Killer.Queen

anxiety issues

Old 12-14-2015, 08:24 PM

cleavage89 is on a distinguished road
anxiety issues

I have recently been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks and I have no idea why or what has brought this on!!
I feel i have no one to talk to as no one i know has it and doesnt understand. My husband is very supportive but he doesnt really understand.

Sorry if this is a long post please dnt judge i feel embarrassed to say this-

Im having my ba done in march but when i think about it, it doesnt affect me. I have no money issues or marrige problems i have been diagnosed with MS but i have accepted it. I work from home and have a 2yr old son, my life is pretty good and im happy with it all.

Please dont comment on how crazy iam but i will say what i feel i get anxious/ panic

I start feeling scared as if im scared of being home alone and dint want my husband to goto work- i know how silly it sounds but it gets worse-
I worry that when i go to get my ba done (traveling interstate) that my plane will be bombed by terrorists I KNOW THAT SOUNDS STUPID but im more worried about what will happen to my son rather than me and when i say this out loud i know its dumb but i just have to get this off my chest and see how other people deal with anxiety and what you do to help ease horrible thoughts is there anything natural that you could recommend im scared of going to docs cos i dnt want valium or anti depressants or be hauled away to a mental ward!! I just get so panicky that i actually hyperventilate and feel so scared any help would be great
Old 12-14-2015, 08:50 PM

mopets is on a distinguished road
Im so sorry for all youre going through. As you might know MS is an autoimmune disease. Many times a person will have more than 1 auto-immune disease. Both Graves & Hashis are thyroid autoimmune disorders. The department of Health has published this study documenting the increase of these disorders in association with MS
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1308850/.
Have you been to an endocrinologist and had your thyroid checked? It's vital that you have a Free T3/T4 test. Most DRs offices only use the base TSH test which is insufficient especially with an existing AI condition.
Many people with undiagnosed thyroid disorders suffer from anxiety, depression, even bi-polar like symptoms. http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/long-and-pathetic/
Wishing you the very best always
The Following User Says Thank You to mopets For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 09:33 PM
*squish*

NsuYuel will become famous soon enough NsuYuel will become famous soon enough
Hihi, fellow lass with depression/anxiety checking in!

Going to the doc about it doesn't always end in psych ward/anti depressants; there can be a myriad of things that cause anxiety. Things such as low activity level, hormone imbalances, and a number of other things can contribute to mood... Even certain medicines you take can affect the way you feel mentally.

I know you're scared, but the best thing you can do is go to your doctor; explain your concerns about medication etc and they will work with you. Not all anti-depressants turn you into a zombie, and I wouldn't worry about being hauled off to a psych ward, you only get sent there under very special circumstances.

For me, my depression is kept in check via diet, exercise, and channeling my mental energy into constructive things like studies, music, and writing. Bad food was making me sluggish, sluggishness breeds laziness; laziness eats motivation, lack of motivation makes me a sad panda.

Exercise; 30mins a day was enough to give me some results and give me a little pick-me-up mood wise. I always feel crabby if I skip my workouts now (they're addictive in a good way!)

Channeling mental energy is a big thing; you want to tire your mind out when you can, give it exercise! A bored mind is one that's prone to wander.

Do I still have bad days? Yep! And for those I totally give myself a pass to cry it out in the closet, or to bundle up in my pajamas and drink hot chocolate all day.

I hope you're able to find something that works for you; if you need to chat, I'm a PM away.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to NsuYuel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 10:21 PM

cleavage89 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies! Ugh i really feel for people who go through this no one ever really knows how bad it feels until you go through it yourself- i dont take any meds and i think exercise isnt a bad idea i do get really lazy and sluggish and definitely notice feeling down when this happens!! I take a supplement to help and also a natural spray thing under the tounge not sure if they work but i do it anyway.

NsuYuel likes this.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:35 PM
*squish*

NsuYuel will become famous soon enough NsuYuel will become famous soon enough
Do what feels good, because some days it's hard to feel good without a little help, so I'm all for encouraging one to pamper themselves if they need it. You've only got one body, so look after it and spoil it every now and again

For my exercise, I just do 30mins a day of yoga/pilates; even the beginner stuff can give you great results. I like Sean Vigue on youtube; his workouts are no mess, no fuss, no expecting you to align all your chakras, and eschew all foods that cast a shadow. It's just good exercise! haha and doesn't require any special equipment; just you and 30 spare mins.

cleavage89 likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-15-2015, 01:32 PM
We can not control the winds but we can adjust our sails

sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cleavage89 View Post
I have recently been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks and I have no idea why or what has brought this on!!
I feel i have no one to talk to as no one i know has it and doesnt understand. My husband is very supportive but he doesnt really understand.

Sorry if this is a long post please dnt judge i feel embarrassed to say this-

Im having my ba done in march but when i think about it, it doesnt affect me. I have no money issues or marrige problems i have been diagnosed with MS but i have accepted it. I work from home and have a 2yr old son, my life is pretty good and im happy with it all.

Please dont comment on how crazy iam but i will say what i feel i get anxious/ panic

I start feeling scared as if im scared of being home alone and dint want my husband to goto work- i know how silly it sounds but it gets .. worse-
I worry that when i go to get my ba done (traveling interstate) that my plane will be bombed by terrorists I KNOW THAT SOUNDS STUPID but im more worried about what will happen to my son rather than me and when i say this out loud i know its dumb but i just have to get this off my chest and see how other people deal with anxiety and what you do to help ease horrible thoughts is there anything natural that you could recommend im scared of going to docs cos i dnt want valium or anti depressants or be hauled away to a mental ward!! I just get so panicky that i actually hyperventilate and feel so scared any help would be great
You are absolutely not crazy it's nothing to be embarrassed about.. you will not be hauled away to a mental institution
Dont be scared to visit a mental health nurse or explore notion of a psychiatrist, seeking advice from a professional is a good idea.. he or she will not automatically prescribe you Valium.. Rx is only determined and administered when need be

I got diagnosed with depression and anxiety almost 2 years ago, I had daily panic attacks when I would hyperventilate, lack of oxygen so my fingers and lounge would get numb, my heart rate was 180 one day when I was rushed to the emerg where initially they though I had a lung blockage.. after weeks of this, and numerous tests, I was refereed to a mental health nurse for a diagnosis, turns out I suffer from SSRI chemical imbalance, possibly triggered by early "change of life"

Anyways, long story short, I never got put into a straight jacket or placed in a rubber room, my panic attacks are now controlled by a non- addictive narcotic combined with my own mental exercises such as meditation and other exercises..

Dont be afraid darling, I know it may seem scary but I want you to trust, that I wouldnt share my personal story unless I thought it could help you! You dont need to be a prisoner of anxiety - and let me tell you, damn, It sure feels good to be free

NsuYuel likes this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 12-15-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:52 PM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
Have you seen a naturopath or nutritionist? I used to have really bad panic attacks... They were like mini seizures, and--like you-- it wasnt the "big stuff" that triggered them; it was literally something like spilled milk that would! Usually there's some deeper stress at the root, however; I would do some closer evaluation of your life stressors to see what could be causing these episodes.

One approach that helped me was using essential oils; your olfactory system (ie: inside your nose) leads directly to the area of your brain where you store your emotions; you physically need to clean those emotions on a regular basis by inhaling therapeutic vapors. I haven't had a SINGLE panic attack since I stared using essential oils... I know, it sounds like quackery but it works, and the worst that could happen would be a nicer smelling room with cleaner air Just something to talk to your doc or naturopath about

P.s. there are also specific oils--such as cedarwood--which are relatively inexpensive (about $11 for organic therapeutic grade) and work specifically to detox repressed emotions. Basil is another highly effective one (look for descriptions like "nervine" AKA "nerve tonic.")

NsuYuel likes this.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:12 PM
the grass IS greener on the other side!

Killer.Queen is on a distinguished road
I have mild depression/anxiety that gets worse when I'm stressed or go through a life change (like a breakup). I tried therapy last year & it did help but the copays were too expensive for me. I find that exercise (cardio and yoga) really help to allieviate stress and my low moods - even if I was in a horrible mood, if I made myself go to my workout class I felt so much better. Getting enough sleep and healthy eating are also important - if I let myself eat a bunch of junk because I feel like being sad and lazy, I just feel guilty and worse. It also helps for me to stay busy so I'm not dwelling on things!

You should talk to your doctor. Don't be embarrassed or afraid. My doctor was very understanding. I actually started taking an anti depressant that's very effective for anxiety as well. I was concerned about medication because of addiction issues in my family, but I told my doctor and she put me on something that wasn't habit forming. As far as medication as a treatment, it's nothing to be ashamed about. I wish I didn't have to rely on a pill, but it's what works the most for me. And you'd be surprised how many people are on anxiety medication or anti depressants!

NsuYuel likes this.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:34 AM

anniebennet is on a distinguished road
I think you should spend more time on relaxing. Sleeping, reading, walking or playing any sports are helpful choices. They also can help you avoid thinking about negative things. Besides, consume more foods suggested for anxiety release. You can try cottage cheese. It is very beneficial for anxiety treatment ( https://wikihomenutrition.com/cottag...alth-benefits/). Apart from them, taking hot shower with herbs such as lavender, passionflower and massage your body gently may have positive effects.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:06 PM
Searching for a Revision Dr

Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green & we talk about teetays
SeekAndDestroy will become famous soon enough
A good acupuncture practitioner can help. Ashwagandha and tulsi tea at night helped me. But careful if you have Hyperthyroid, it can make your heart race. I have hypothyroidism, so it's fine with me. I also read that infrared saunas are great for autoimmune diseases and Kundalini yoga. I hope you find your treatment.