Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TNgirl1
  • 1 Post By Hotmommy29

Birth control, what should i use

Old 03-16-2016, 09:58 PM

Permagrin1 is on a distinguished road
Birth control, what should i use

I currently have Lorena IUD. Its ok. Pros: don't have to rember to take it, period is obsolete. Cons: hair loss, lost all libido (im only 25), depressed, acne, I can feel it when my boyfriend can convince me to have sex.

Are there any form of birth control that don't cause mood swings, depression and that don't lower libido. I can handle weight gain and acne(have always had it anyway) . I just hate emotional ups and downs and the fact that I never want to have sex. It has never been an issue before.

They all sound awful. But I don't want babies yet. Wish there was something for guys.

Permagrin1's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-16-2016, 10:07 PM

TNgirl1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Permagrin1 View Post
I currently have Lorena IUD. Its ok. Pros: don't have to rember to take it, period is obsolete. Cons: hair loss, lost all libido (im only 25), depressed, acne, I can feel it when my boyfriend can convince me to have sex.

Are there any form of birth control that don't cause mood swings, depression and that don't lower libido. I can handle weight gain and acne(have always had it anyway) . I just hate emotional ups and downs and the fact that I never want to have sex. It has never been an issue before.

They all sound awful. But I don't want babies yet. Wish there was something for guys.
I have the nexplanon and love it. I think it just depends on the person. I tried the pill, but didn't want to have to rely on my memory. I'd have 20 kids by now if I had stuck with it. Then I tried the ring, but I bled for 6 months straight. Switch to nexplanon and wouldn't go back to anything else. I've had maybe 3 periods in the two years I've been on it which is a huge plus. Other than that I haven't any side affects. I do have a friend who got the same thing though and she hated it. I think birth control is one of those things you have to try out to see how it works for you.

MissWestSeattle likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to TNgirl1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2016, 10:16 PM

Hotmommy29 is on a distinguished road
They have a copper IUD that contains no hormones so you don't have the hormonal side effects. You shouldn't be able to feel your IUD during sex. Maybe your dr needs to trim the wires shorter for you.

CFboobies likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hotmommy29 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 01:36 AM

MissWestSeattle is on a distinguished road
I have an implant, I believe it's nexplanon. Good for 3 years and have had no side effects. Totally worth it!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:43 AM

ohiomommy is on a distinguished road
It's kind of a trial and error for everyone. I went through many different types of pills then finally got the IUD (mire a). It will be 10 months I've had that in and still have it irregular bleeding here and there
Old 03-17-2016, 06:35 AM

CFboobies will become famous soon enough CFboobies will become famous soon enough
I've been on almost every form of birth control at this point lol. Been using it in some form or another since age 13 and I'm 29 now.

Started with that nice little pink pack of pills...then switched to the seasonale where you take it for like 3 months straight so only 4 periods a year. Then when that came off the market I switched to Lo-evra (??) some lower dose hormone one. Then my memory started to get spotty and i couldn't remember to take it so I tried setting an alarm on my phone but life gets in the way so even with my alarm I would end up not taking it.

I switched to the patch but got pregnant on that...oops....ended up loosing the baby at around 6-8 weeks. This is also off the market now.

Went back on pills...took antibiotics on it and wasn't great with my timing (again) and ended up pregnant..again...now I have a 6 year old lol.

After I had him I got the implanon (its a little rod of hormones injected into your arm and stays there for x # of years)....

Had that removed and got the Mirena IUD put in.

here's my "reviews":

Birth Control pills - didn't have any emotional side effects to speak of. Also no acne, weight gain (though I was very active in high school) or hair loss. downside - remembering to take it SUCKS. I actually found I had an increased sex drive on this.

Patch - convenient because you only change it weekly. Also no side effects to speak of besides some minor skin irritation where ever it was placed. I think my accidental pregnancy had a couple of factors but a major one is its dermal so not great absorption. Also off the market.

Implant in arm - HATED IT!!!! This was by far the worst thing I've been on. I couldn't loose weight (which drove me crazy because I was trying to get rid of the last bit of baby weight and just couldn't). I had thyroid tests, blood tests galore and everything was in working order. I did the HCG diet which previously (actually RIGHT before I got pregnant) I had lost 20# on and now I lost literally nothing (and actually gained a pound wtf). So the only variable was the damn implant. I was moody as hell (which is not a good combo with a new baby), NO sex drive at all (not a good combo for my relationship), and just overall miserable. I remember about a week or so after I got it I was changing my soon and looked down at my arm. I saw the scab from where it was inserted and I touched the area. I could FEEL the rod in my arm. I immediately got woozy and had to call my fiance to the bedroom so he could finish changing our son and so I could sit down and put my head between my knees!

Mirena IUD - currently have in now and will be removed (and possibly replaced) next August (2017). This I like also. I have no issues with weight gain, acne, or emotional ups and downs. RARELY get my period (like maybe once every 6 months and its only spotting for a day and thats it). A couple of "downs" to it I've experienced are that I'm drier than normal in my lady parts downstairs, but we just make sure to use lube or get me very excited with lots of foreplay first (just takes longer than normal to get wet). Still have a VERY high sex drive though. And also when it was first put in I got a couple of bouts of bacterial vaginosis afterwards. I'm very sensitive there and any flux in hormones or introduction of ANYTHING new I will get an infection so this was rough....was on antibiotics 1-2 times a month for about 2 months. I also had to go back to my gyn to have him trim the wires about 3 times before they were short enough for my man not to feel them and for me not to cringe when he would hit them...he is....well endowed...though so we had to cut them pretty damn short. I am NOT looking forward to having it removed - doc said it may be a little rougher than normal because of how short the strings are but said he could give me something to calm me down and reduce the pain so I'll deal. Also sometimes after particularly rough sex, I will get some pink spotting from the strings being jostled in there but nothing to write home about so to speak.

All in all - birth control is a very personal choice and it's kind of trial and error to figure out what works best for you!
Old 03-17-2016, 07:02 AM

sissuke is on a distinguished road
I have Mirena IUD. It containes hormones but I don't have mood swings, depression, lower libido (my libido is higher than ever), don't cause weigth gain or acne. And more important - I don't have my periods !!! I don't have to worried about beach wacation !!!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:45 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Im on the Depo shot. been on it for 11 years. no PMS, no mood swings, NO PERIOD, no weight gain (but most do gain weight on it). one of the side effects is low libido, but im OK with that. a little extra play in the bedroom never hurts! i'll take it for the no period and no moodswings or PMS! i LOVE my Depo shot!

like others have said, forms of BC work differently for everyone. its a trial and error kind of thing.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:16 PM

kittykat7210 is on a distinguished road
I have tried everything as well, several different pills, implant, shots everything! Nothing works, I either get suicidal, or I bleed... 24/7... For 10 months... Heavily... It was rubbish... Now me and my boyfriend just use condoms, it's a pain as they cost loads the ones we get due to his well endowed ness and my sensitive to condoms vagina (it costs us 1 every time we have sex... It adds up... Quickly -_- )
Old 03-17-2016, 11:20 PM

leafy is on a distinguished road
Not sure if you would be okay with taking a pill, but I've been on Gildess 1.5/30. My face actually cleared up and I've had no problems with it otherwise. Its so frustrating birth control is a trial and error process!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:23 PM

terrie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotmommy29 View Post
They have a copper IUD that contains no hormones so you don't have the hormonal side effects. You shouldn't be able to feel your IUD during sex. Maybe your dr needs to trim the wires shorter for you.
Exactly what I was going to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to terrie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 07:39 PM

darknessofqueen is on a distinguished road
I've had the Nexplanon for almost 3 years, I'll get it replaced next September. In my opinion it's totally worth it. Although my periods didn't stop, it's great that I don't have to remember when to take the pill.