Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By BFH
  • 2 Post By BFH
  • 2 Post By BarbiePink
  • 2 Post By terrie
  • 1 Post By BFH

Chronic headaches

Old 03-22-2016, 12:10 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
Chronic headaches

I know we have ladies here who suffer from migraines, but what about chronic headaches? My new neurologist (one I am not impressed with) seem to think that I am dealing with chronic daily headache in addition to some migraines.

I started treatment with two new daily medications, but they do not seem to be treating me well. One is a low dose muscle relaxer, which I guess is intended to help me sleep. Works great to fall asleep and I am now over the early morning grogginess from it. But my nights are not going well at all. I was having crazy dreams, which is now eased off. But I am waking up so often. I just don't feel well rested. I am actually sleeping worse!

So I'd love to hear from anyone who has chronic daily headaches. What has helped you?

MadisonM and TexasHulaGirl like this.

BFH's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-22-2016, 12:17 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
me! Excedrin Migraine works well for me, but its probably not a good thing im taking it just about everyday. Still waiting on all my test results to come back.one including a head MRI. Migraines run in the family. my last migraine was a couple months ago. i seem to have worked out most of my triggers, but sometimes those suckers just sneak up on me for no reason
Old 03-22-2016, 12:28 PM
BFH

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
I have a follow up in April. They will do an MRI then if there isn't an improvement with medication. I've been able to eliminate some migraine triggers (alcohol, exposure to smoke) but some I just can't get rid of (periods). I had a horrible one on Sunday. I ended up with a double dose of Maxalt and Benadryl. I had lingering symptoms yesterday and still today.

I should post the pictures from the office visit. I'm debating going back at all. When there are bars on the door it kind of makes you wonder what the heck kind of doctor you are going to.

MadisonM and BooBitties like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-22-2016, 12:47 PM
Lara Croft

MadisonM will become famous soon enough
I don't get daily headaches but I do get severe migraines. I've been on Topomax (Topiramate, generic) daily since 2000.
It is a preventive medication and it does wonders.
However, if you miss a dose (like I take mine at bedtime and once in a blue moon I will get asked to cover a graveyard shift so I don't take it), I have found I get rebound headaches. Not exactly full blown migraines but a headache that is still pretty bad.
Have you looked into taking anything like that as preventive or are you already taking something?

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-22-2016, 12:53 PM
BFH

I was given a low dose blood pressure medicine and the muscle relaxer for daily preventatives. Not doing a dang thing. So next would probably be some other form of daily preventative. I'm not sure if I'll be going down that road soon or not. DH wants a second kid and we are in negotiations about it right now.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-22-2016, 01:26 PM

Mythological will become famous soon enough
I started getting daily headaches in my teens as well as migraines 2/3 times a week. The type where I have to sleep them off because if I'm awake, any sound or light is so amplified it would make it unbearable to be conscious, they affect my vision too and it can be scary.

I have tried all types of pain killer (which I can't tolerate) finally, a few years ago my doctor put me on sumatriptan it's not preventative unfortunately, but it works wonders for me with the headaches, and lessens the severity of the migraines. It reduces vascular inflammation associated with headaches and migraines. The only side effect I have experienced is slight dizziness right when the medication kicks in, nothing that negatively affects work or anything, it lasts maybe 15 mins.

I hope you find something that works for you

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-22-2016, 05:30 PM

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
Yes, the sumatriptan and fioricet have been the only things that have helped me. I tried the topamax but it made me feel really loopy in the morning, and I was taking it at night. I actually drove off the road taking a left hand turn on my way to school! After that, I refused to take it. The fioricet helps if I catch a migraine right at the slightest tinge. Sometimes that doesn't even work. The sumatriptan does make me a bit nauseas for the first 30 minutes or so, but then it knocks most migraines out. And thank God, because I used to get them 1-2x a wk and like, Mythological, to the point of puking just from the motion of my BF sitting on the edge of the bed. I love my beanbag I keep in the freezer for over my eyes. I always say mine feel like a screwdriver jammed in behind my eyes. I've begged my ex husband to knock me out before, from being so sick with migraines. He didn't of course.

Anyway, talk to the neurologist or just make an appointment with another one, if you can. Best of luck to you. I feel your pain, I really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BooBitties and Mythological like this.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:49 PM

terrie is on a distinguished road
topiramate is one of the most common preventative chronic migraine medicaitons. If you are taking ibuprofen or Tylenol daily you could be experiencing rebound headaches, which are caused from overuse of these meds. Beta blockers and other antihypertensive medications are also helpful for some but I find in only about 30%. The latest for chronic migrains is botox injections which have been fairly successful but very expensive.
I get migraines often, not daily TG, but can take 800 advil at very onset and goes away.
Good Luck

MadisonM and BooBitties like this.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:53 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
If you're into new age treatments you could try a daith piercing (it's in the ear so safe to google search). There is nothing proven that it's effective however a few people have said that their chronic headaches/migraines have eased since getting the piercing.

Sorry if that's not very helpful but if it was me I would give it a shot (that and I love piercings).
Old 03-24-2016, 11:35 AM
BFH

Originally Posted by Cupcake85 View Post
If you're into new age treatments you could try a daith piercing (it's in the ear so safe to google search). There is nothing proven that it's effective however a few people have said that their chronic headaches/migraines have eased since getting the piercing. Sorry if that's not very helpful but if it was me I would give it a shot (that and I love piercings).
I have a friend that just got this done. My sister is married to a piercer/tattoo artist and says its bunk. I would try it though, the worst thing is an extra hole in your ear.

Cupcake85 likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-24-2016, 01:37 PM

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
Chronic headaches

It's theory is because of the pressure point there, but once it's pierced there's no continuous pressure on it, so it can't really work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2016, 06:45 AM

EyeWantBoobies is on a distinguished road
Have you tried Botox or dysport?
Old 03-30-2016, 10:29 AM

Aleastra is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
topiramate is one of the most common preventative chronic migraine medicaitons. If you are taking ibuprofen or Tylenol daily you could be experiencing rebound headaches, which are caused from overuse of these meds. Beta blockers and other antihypertensive medications are also helpful for some but I find in only about 30%. The latest for chronic migrains is botox injections which have been fairly successful but very expensive.
I get migraines often, not daily TG, but can take 800 advil at very onset and goes away.
Good Luck
The Botox worked wonders for my sister in laws migraines
Old 03-30-2016, 11:21 AM

dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Have you had your blood checked lately? My headaches and migraines were almost a daily event and it looks like they've been caused by my severe iron deficiency anaemia and hypothyroidism. Since my iron and blood transfusion almost a week ago, they've definitely improved and not as bad.
I was suspecting oestrogen dominance which can cause the blood to thicken which will cause headaches and so was having to take aspirin daily and before bed. Many days it worked unless it was a migraine then sumatriptan was the magic pill.
Now that Ive been researching the iron deficiency anaemia, headaches are very common as there isn't enough oxygen getting to the brain.

My doc called me in this morning to pick up a script for another blood test early tomorrow morning to see how the transfusion worked. Have an appointment mid morning to go over my blood test from last week and tomorrow mornings one. He's still not happy my heart rate is still too high but at least its lower than what it was from before the transfusion.

Are you showing any other symptoms like fatigue, lack of breath, elevated heart rate?

Im lucky my doc is switched on and we both knew what tests to get done and because of dealing with this off and on for over 16 years, I unfortunately know more about this than I care too.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:14 PM

TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice
Thumbs up Migraine relief

Originally Posted by BFH View Post
I know we have ladies here who suffer from migraines, but what about chronic headaches? My new neurologist (one I am not impressed with) seem to think that I am dealing with chronic daily headache in addition to some migraines.

I started treatment with two new daily medications, but they do not seem to be treating me well. One is a low dose muscle relaxer, which I guess is intended to help me sleep. Works great to fall asleep and I am now over the early morning grogginess from it. But my nights are not going well at all. I was having crazy dreams, which is now eased off. But I am waking up so often. I just don't feel well rested. I am actually sleeping worse!

So I'd love to hear from anyone who has chronic daily headaches. What has helped you?
I know you posted this a LONG time ago, just curious if you've had any success with finding any relief of your headaches?

I've been managing my migraines (and other health problems) with CBD oil. I've been taking it for the past year now, and it has been the ONLY thing that has worked consistently for me. It's been a Godsend!

I order my CBD oil from here: https://bluebirdbotanicals.com/
Their website is very informative, and explains everything about their products.