Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By CFboobies
  • 1 Post By NsuYuel
  • 2 Post By Linaki

Hyperhidrosis :/

Old 08-15-2016, 01:06 AM
*squish*

NsuYuel will become famous soon enough NsuYuel will become famous soon enough
Hyperhidrosis :/

So my hormones are super wacky and I can't really afford to go and get all the labs done, plus pay for meds at the moment since I'm putting myself through school so all my funds are going toward that... Downside?

My face is a freaking mess and I won't stop sweating. This might be TMI, but under my arms and between my legs is the worst, which means that I have to shower multiple times a day just to feel clean.

On my Saturday classes where I have a 6hr lab, I have to take a spare shirt with me to change into, or constantly haul around babywipes and a stick of dove anti perspirant....

I've been trying to use Certain-Dri, but I still sweat through that. It's 70F in this room right now, I'm freezing my tits off and I'm STILL SWEATING. I'm so done with this haha... I can't even wear certain fabrics because they show the sweat up super bad and no one likes those sweat rings. Can't even wear white :/

Anyone else have this problem, and if so, what do you use? I looked at the possibility of Botox, but I'm not willing to pay $1000 for something that could only last 6 months-1 year :/

I just want to be normal @[email protected] I'm 30 years old and still have a body that's acting like it's in puberty. This sucks D:

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-15-2016, 06:50 AM

BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough BarbarellaWanaB will become famous soon enough
Hi Nsu, I am older than you, but the Certain Dri works for me. I did start using it in my 30s. At that timemy hormones were out of wack also. I would have huge sweat marks on all my clothing when I went ot work(this was after taking a shower in the morning). It was not professional looking at all, which is what I needed to be. What a mess

But using the Certain Dri, I did it at night, & made sure I let it dry before putting on bed clothes. You should use it every night, perhaps up to 2 weeks.You must be consistent with it when first starting it. Once you get your sweating under control, then you can use the Certain Dri less often.
Once I got into a routine with it, I found myself using it only twice a week. Now I only use it 3 days in a row, once a month.
I also could not afford to get botox all the time, for my sweating.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:52 AM

CFboobies will become famous soon enough CFboobies will become famous soon enough
Do you have insurance? Obamacare? Through your school?

If so, annual physical exams are free and include blood work with no co-pay.

Maybe something as "simple" as getting on birth control will help too if its your hormones.

a know a couple of people who have gotten botox for hyperhydrosis and it lasted several years -- maybe it wasn't as bad as yours, i dont know

I live and die by the charmin flushable wipes. I keep them in my gym bag, my car, everywhere. Quick wipe down and I'm feeling much more fresh. Also theres a product called DownUnder comfort thats a cream to powder to keep you smelling and feeling dry. I use it between my thighs on a hot day when wearing shorts to prevent any chafing. It lasts pretty long

Hope you get to the bottom of this sweetie.

BarbarellaWanaB likes this.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:35 AM
*squish*

Thanks for the swift replies!

@Barbarella; I tried Certain Dri for about 6months and still sweat through it. I applied it at bedtime and had another certain dri thingy for use during the day

@CF - My last physical included labs, but they limited it to cmp only D: I used to take bc for my skin, but for me it didn't clear up as much as I would have liked. I tried bc for about 12 years, switching out many brands and couldn't find one that calmed everything down enough to be worth the cost. My current Dr. is a brilliant lass, but she says that at this point because I have tried so many things that she's not sure if it'd be worth the cost to go through more expensive labs to find the root cause at the moment... Maybe when I get better insurance, but right now my insurance is awful and I would likely have to pay out of pocket for most of this :/.... So her advice is to either try botox, or do as I have been doing for the last 18~ years and carry things like spare shirt/underwear/babywipes etc wherever I go.

Thank goodness for large handbags!

BarbarellaWanaB likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-15-2016, 03:45 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
If you can swing the botox I would do it. I don't get it for this condition but I get it for cervical dystonia (neck pain) and migraines. It's worked wonders for me. It's being approved for more and more conditions. They have a savings card program. I have a card with $400 on it for my next visit (co-pay + cost of meds) which is about $150. They'll add more money on it after my next receipt submission so I basically pay nothing for it.

Your condition is included in the savings program- $100/4 times per year since it's given every 3 months.

BarbarellaWanaB and NsuYuel like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-15-2016, 09:49 PM
*squish*

Oh that's pretty awesome

I'm hoping that after I graduate I'll be in more of a spot to be able to splurge, or at least get a health insurance plan that'll cover either it or gland removal (or heck, even part of it). I'm tired of sweating through t-shirts in under 4hrs... and when I'm in scrubs it's even worse >< haha

Thanks so much for the replies ladies, you're awesome <3

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE