Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By PorcelainPeach
  • 2 Post By Jaya_Rene
  • 2 Post By azmomof4
  • 5 Post By AnotherDevice
  • 1 Post By SeekAndDestroy
  • 1 Post By dj2012
  • 2 Post By girl

Hypothyroidism

Old 10-14-2016, 07:56 AM
Searching for a Revision Dr

Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green & we talk about teetays
SeekAndDestroy will become famous soon enough
Question Hypothyroidism

I'm 98% sure I have this, just by reading the symptoms and even food allergies.

Anyone here suffer from that, and how do you treat/control it?
Old 10-14-2016, 08:07 AM

PorcelainPeach will become famous soon enough
Medication.

You can go to primary care or possibly endocrinologist to be tested for hypothyroidism. I went through testing because I had a lot of the symptoms that led the doctors to believe it was the cause; however, it was not. My hormones were simply out of wack due to my own doing....down to an unhealthy weight and eating minimally not getting the nutrition I needed.

SeekAndDestroy likes this.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:23 AM

Jaya_Rene is on a distinguished road
Definitely have your doctors check your bloodwork. I had every single symptom of it, also, and came back borderline-- I was just at the thresh-hold to be considered hypo, so my doctor didn't want to put me on a prescription I would have to be on for the rest of my life for a borderline test. I used a natural supplement called Thyrocare, and my bloodwork got out of the borderline range and has come back normal every year since.

SeekAndDestroy and Beginagain like this.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:36 PM

If I can go through a holistic/natural approach, I rather do that. I found a holistic endocrinologist.

I've been tsed for thyroids and it has come back negative. But I believe hypothyroidism is hard to detect?

I always have cold hands and feet. Always tired. Brittle nails and hair loss. I also did a food allergies test and was told to avoid dairy, soy and egg ok once a week.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:40 PM

I bought these to see if I see a difference....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FD..._st_dp_summary
Old 10-14-2016, 01:53 PM

azmomof4 is on a distinguished road
I have Hashimotos...autoimmune hypothyroidism. I see a naturopath endocrinologist and take naturethroid...a non synthetic thyroid medication. I had symptoms for years and my family doctors were clueless until I suggested this as a possibility, my numbers were way off and he refused to try medication so I found my thyroid doctor myself. I was stable for a few years but recently have needed to increase my dose so we are trying to find the right amount to get me back to a normal range. I get extremely tired and fatigue easily, have hair loss and gain weight without explanation and lots of digestive issues when it's not under control.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:31 AM

AnotherDevice is on a distinguished road
Yes, I have it. Was diagnosed after having bloodwork done at a routine checkup. I went on levothyroxine and didn't see much improvement so I switched to natural dessicated thyroid.

Try reading "Stop The Thyroid Madness."http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
It has a lot of good information about the condition.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:56 PM

Unhappy

Wow. So ladies, I got diagnosed with Hashimoto/hypothyroidism. My insticts were right.

I'm pretty sure this got worse with leaky gut syndrome. I read that once you have LG, it opens up to a lot of health issues. Therefore, it would make sense to treat the LG first before the thyroid.

Any opinions on this?
Old 12-22-2019, 10:59 PM

I have a feeling I have LG from all of the acne antibiotics I took as a teenager up until my mid 20s. Plus surgery antibiotics and over the counter pain killers. That's why it's important to have a strong gut lining before and after surgery.

dj2012 likes this.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:09 PM

I have to say acupuncture/cupping has helped with insomnia. Along with ashwagandha and tulsi tea at night. But right now I'm focusing more on gut healing.

I have read that infrared saunas are great for ppl with autoimmune diseases. It flushes out lots of toxins. Hopefully it'll help with my scalp and belly inflammation.

Chlorella is great in the morning and night. It will flush out toxins too and help with belly bloat. Definitely stay away from dairy and gluten. No soy either.

I've also been doing plain freshly juiced celery in the morning on an empty stomach. It's suppose to help cure a lot of things. According to this guy...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6IfiOHpUC4/
Old 12-23-2019, 12:14 AM

dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Have you had your hormones checked? Progesterone has been a miracle for me than anything else I've tried which included ashwaganda and other natural remedies. I've been on progesterone for 17 years due to my low levels but my dosage was way too low. Once I increased it, my symptoms have all diminished and my libido which I thought was dead forever has come back to life. It has been a real game changer.

Definitely look into fixing your gut health though but I found progesterone has fixed those issues too. L-Glutamine and Bone broth are two great things to do. You couldn't pay me to drink celery juice though. Absolutely hate it Dairy, grains and legumes can do a number on the gut for some people as well as going plant based or eating raw. Plant based and raw foods does not agree with me at all.

SeekAndDestroy likes this.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by dj2012 View Post
Have you had your hormones checked? Progesterone has been a miracle for me than anything else I've tried which included ashwaganda and other natural remedies. I've been on progesterone for 17 years due to my low levels but my dosage was way too low. Once I increased it, my symptoms have all diminished and my libido which I thought was dead forever has come back to life. It has been a real game changer.

Definitely look into fixing your gut health though but I found progesterone has fixed those issues too. L-Glutamine and Bone broth are two great things to do. You couldn't pay me to drink celery juice though. Absolutely hate it Dairy, grains and legumes can do a number on the gut for some people as well as going plant based or eating raw. Plant based and raw foods does not agree with me at all.
My testosterone came out a little high when I went to the clinic. I had a pregnancy scare(I'm not married). I'm gonna look into that some more when I go to the gynecologist.

dj2012 likes this.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:05 PM

I'm a mess. While I'm at it...

I have scalp inflammation. These soar bumbs grow on my scalp and inflame when I'm about to get my period. I wonder what is the connection and how the hell can I fix that??!!
Old 01-04-2020, 03:09 PM

girl is on a distinguished road
I have Hashimoto's, got diagnosed after my first child was born in 2009. It has progressively gotten worse to the point that my Endocrinologist suspects that my thyroid is producing no hormones whatsoever. At first I was taking Levothyroxine (Synthroid) only, as it was the only thing available at the time and is still widely believed to be the gold standard. Although my TSH levels were "normal" in lab tests, I still felt sluggish, depressed, and was overweight and had heavy periods and chronic anemia. After going online and reading extensively on sites like StopTheThyroidMadness and HypoThyroidMom, I found a Dr. of internal medicine and literally BEGGED him to prescribe me natural dessicated thyroid. It had just become available by prescription in Canada, and is still regarded by most physicians as "unreliable". Well, I don't care what they say, after a week of starting the NDT, I felt like a new woman. Back to my usual self, energy levels way up, periods under control, weight slowly stabilized (I lost 50 lbs without trying!), and gained my lust for life back! I now take half Synthroid and half NDT, since the doc doesn't fully trust NDT, but hey, works for me. Just wanted to share my story because too many women suffer in silence while being told our bloodwork is normal and we should be feeling fine. DEMAND better! You deserve it ladies. There is a doctor out there that will prescribe for you. Changed my life. And check out the various support websites, so validating

dj2012 and SeekAndDestroy like this.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:34 PM

Update. Good news! I don't have hashimoto/autoimmune disease. The expensive "holistic wellness" place I was going to is a fraud.

First, before getting blood work done the dr himself told me I have hashimoto. Didn't tell me I was gonna get tested for it, although I did. They then prescribed me an aggressive medication that was too much for my condition. I didn't take it yet, bc at that point I decided I wanted to see a naturopathic doctor, he was the one who told me about that med being the wrong stuff for me. He also told me that the stupid expensive wellness place injected me with something unnecessary as well, used to find brain tumors. Like what the f*ck!

Anyway. I'm liking this new naturopathic doctor so far.

dj2012 likes this.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:26 AM

Beginagain is on a distinguished road
Wow to the holistic BS!

8 or so years ago I had hyperthyroidism that flipped to hypothyroidism. The doctor put me on Methimazole and levothyroxine, took those for two years and decided I did not want to be an old lady on medication. I am 52 years old.

Back then my research results all pointed back to changing my diet. Thought I was eating healthy but was truly not. It sounded so simple but was never recommended by my GP or endocrinologist. I started eating grass fed meat, free range chicken, organic everything and no soy dairy sugar gluten or grains. About six months later after blood tests, the doctor told me I could stop the medication. I asked her if food had anything to do with my condition and she said no. That was six years ago.

The leaky gut is real and can be healed. if we donít heal the leaky gut then it will open us up to one diagnosis after another after anotherómore Rx.

Definitely listen to Eileen Laird at the Phoenix helix podcast. She is a wealth of information and you will learn so much. She had rheumatoid arthritis, another autoimmune condition. I strongly believe that autoimmunity can be helped into remission by eating an AIP diet and cleaning up your own environment (beauty products, toxic home/work, etc). Start slow, you will get there.

Pointing out that eight years later I can have some crappy food in moderation With little or no effect. I regularly have bloodwork and my results keep coming down to normal ranges but they are not optimal yet. I am actually thankful for this condition because I am thriving now and feel great.

Now to conquer perimenopause but thatís another story LOL