Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Linaki

breast cancer

Old 03-11-2017, 10:03 AM

terrie is on a distinguished road
breast cancer

Hi All, had my augmentation and mastoplexy april 2016. Everything was going well until a few months later found a lump on right breast- figured it was post scar tissue or fibrocystic changes as had this all my life, and thought it was just pronounced with the surgery. Well seemed to be getting bigger so had a mammogram, ultrasound and then biopsy which confirmed invasive ductal carcinoma with lobular features. going to see breast surgeon in a couple of weeks for assessment and plan.
Anyone else in this boat? I am figuring I will need reconstructive surgery after. seems that either way of lumpectomy or mastectomy will result in new breast implant.
feeling pretty scared now.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I had a lumpectomy about 18 months ago but thankfully the cells were benign. I am the social worker in a large hospital cancer center where breast cancer is our #1 cancer. Once you know your plan I'm happy to give you any guidance or feedback. Are you also seeing an oncologist? You will likely need chemo and radiation. If you need radiation that will effect the reconstruction options.
Keep us posted. Wishing you well.

Lolaboobs likes this.

Last edited by Linaki; 03-11-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE