Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Women's Health

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Women's Health All women's health issues (and general health issues), including birth control, pregnancy, etc.

worried about IBS symptom and surgery

Old 10-19-2018, 04:09 PM

snacksbananas is on a distinguished road
worried about IBS symptom and surgery

I've been managing my ibs with diet but fasting the hours before surgery has me worried about my symptoms flaring up. On top of that my ps is an hour drive from me so with fasting I'll get motion sick and that flairs up my stomach. How can I control that with out ingesting anything before surgery?
Old 10-19-2018, 06:19 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by snacksbananas View Post
I've been managing my ibs with diet but fasting the hours before surgery has me worried about my symptoms flaring up. On top of that my ps is an hour drive from me so with fasting I'll get motion sick and that flairs up my stomach. How can I control that with out ingesting anything before surgery?
I have IBS-C so opposite but I never know which direction Iím in so I worry about that with surgery too. The good news is the anesthesia and opiates they give you will 100% cause your system to shut down so you may have a break from your issue. I am not able to take any pain meds after for that very reason. Iíll end up with a bowel obstruction for sure. Is your concern the trip there or an accident during the procedure? I pretty much donít eat before surgery just to make sure I donít have an accident if Iím on that end of the spectrum at that time. It sucks on either end of this spectrum. I hate it.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-19-2018, 07:06 PM

I am concerned about having an accident before surgery the trip there and back. I hope to god I cant have an accident while I'm under😯. It sucks I'm so excited to be just over 3 weeks away from surgery and all I can think about is how early will I have to leave and what bathrooms I can stop at if my symptoms come on. On my consolation date I stopped at 3 different bathrooms on the way there 🙄 but I was pretty anxious for the appointment since it was my first.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:40 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by snacksbananas View Post
I am concerned about having an accident before surgery the trip there and back. I hope to god I cant have an accident while I'm under😯. It sucks I'm so excited to be just over 3 weeks away from surgery and all I can think about is how early will I have to leave and what bathrooms I can stop at if my symptoms come on. On my consolation date I stopped at 3 different bathrooms on the way there 🙄 but I was pretty anxious for the appointment since it was my first.
Youíll me fine on the way back because the drugs will literally stop just about every function in your body. Do you have medication you would normally take on the way there? You should discuss with your PS. You can probably take it. Like I say I avoid eating much the couple of days before a procedure.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-20-2018, 01:06 PM

Ok I'll talk to my ps team and see what they say. Thank you for the help I feel better knowing I wont spew in my friends car.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:29 PM

Melanincurls_XL is on a distinguished road
You can take iron. It helps your hemoglobin level and can stop you up a bit before surgery and its perfectly safe to take Before and After. After surgery the pain meds will definitely put a stop to IBS that first go will definitely be very painful after a surgery. :/ I have IBS too so I know what you mean. Mine is triggered by anxiety.
I used to take iron but I find I get irregular movements (go less often). When I do I have to eat more fiber. Hope this helps
Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Melanincurls_XL View Post
You can take iron. It helps your hemoglobin level and can stop you up a bit before surgery and its perfectly safe to take Before and After. After surgery the pain meds will definitely put a stop to IBS that first go will definitely be very painful after a surgery. :/ I have IBS too so I know what you mean. Mine is triggered by anxiety.
I used to take iron but I find I get irregular movements (go less often). When I do I have to eat more fiber. Hope this helps
Yes thank you for your reply.